12th Workshop on Software Technologies for Future Embedded and Ubiquitous Systems (SEUS 2016)
in conjunction with ISORC 2016
May 17-20, 2016 – York, UK
The paper submission deadline has now been extended to a unique deadline of Feb. 29, 2016.
- Paper Submissions: Feb 29, 2016 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance: Mar 20, 2016 (extended)
- Camera-ready manuscript due: Apr 4, 2016 (extended)
- Workshop Date: May 17, 2016
Call for Papers
The fields of both embedded computing and ubiquitous systems have seen considerable growth over the past few years. Given the advances in these fields, and also those in the areas of distributed computing, sensor networks, middleware, etc., the area of ubiquitous embedded computing is now being envisioned as the way of the future.
The systems and technologies that will arise in support of ubiquitous embedded computing will undoubtedly need to arise a variety of issues, including dependability, real-time, human- computer interaction, autonomy, resource constraints, etc. All of these requirements pose a challenge to the research community.
SEUS 2016 will be a forum where researchers and practitioners with substantial experiences and interests in advancing the state-of-the- art and the state-of-practice in the field of embedded and ubiquitous computing systems gather with the goal of fostering new ideas, collaborations, and technologies.
We invite contributions that present advances in integrating the fields of embedded computing and ubiquitous systems. Industrial applications in the field are also encouraged. Papers can be of conceptual, theoretical, application-oriented, standards-driving, innovative design or experimental nature, and should represent technological or scientific advances.
The main goal is to bring together researchers from all over the world, to foster a stimulating and fruitful exchange amongst people working on similar topics, to discuss ideas, exchange field experiences and to find solutions together to the problems facing software and hardware technologies for embedded and ubiquitous systems.
Suggested topics of interest include (but are not restricted to) the following: - Applications, Components, Services - Cloud Computing - Communication Networks - Computer Architectures - Embedded Systems - Middleware and Operating Systems - Model Based Engineering - Programming Languages, Models, Tools
- Programming Paradigm for Multicores and Manycores - Requirement Specification and Methodologies
- Smart Phones, Smart TVs, and Smart Devices
- Social Computing
- Software Architectures and Software Engineering
- Wearable Computing, Next Generation Computing
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Mobile AdHoc Networks
Andreas Polze, Hasso Plattner Institute, University Potsdam, Germany
- Marco Aurelio Wehrmeister, Fed. University of Technology - Paraná (UTFPR)
- Jens Knoop, TU Vienna, Dept. of Computer Science
- Richard Mark Soley, Object Management Group
- Leandro Soares Indrusiak, University of York
- Stefano Russo, Università di Napoli Federico II
- Franz J. Rammig, Universität Paderborn
- Robert G. Petitt, The Aerospace Corporation, USA
- Daniel Richter, Hasso Plattner Institute
- Robi Malik, The University of Waikato, Hamilton
- Arcot Sowmya, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Sascha Uhrig, Airbus Group Innovations
- Raimund Kirner, University of Hertfordshire
- Vana Kalogeraki, Athens University of Economics and Business
- Peter Puschner, Vienna University of Technology
- Martin Schoeberl, DTU Compute, Lyngby
- Achim Rettberg, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg/OFFIS e. V.
- Tatsuo Nakajima, Waseda University
- Roman Obermaisser, Universität Siegen
- Lynn Choi, Korea University
Accepted papers will be published in IEEE proceedings. Papers must be written in English, submitted in PDF format with 8 pages in limit (including all text, figures, references and appendices), and adhering to the IEEE paper format. Submission implies thewillingness of the senior author to present his/her paper at the Workshop.
IEEE conference paper templates
Authors must upload their manuscripts electronically, via the submission link on the workshop web site. Please do not email your submission to PC Chairs or to any other address, to avoid your submission being lost. In additions, questions about the appropriateness of a topic for a submission may be directed to the PC Chairs. For more information on SEUS 2016 and ISORC 2016, please check the official website (ISORC 2016).