research seminar 2023-2024
about this seminar
The research seminar Trends in Operating Systems is targeted at students who are planning to do their Master's project or Master's thesis with the Operating Systems and Middleware group. We also invite Master's students who are generally interested in our research projects and topics.
Students can enroll in the seminar and earn 3 or 6 ECTS credits. To earn 3 credits, a prospective candidate has to study recent publications (~ 3 – 5) in an area of our current research projects and topics. We also welcome the suggestion of cross-cutting and further topics. The candidate has to deliver a presentation in our seminar and hand in a short report. To earn 6 credits, we expect students to work on a hands-on project, which may involve implementation or evaluation work in addition to the presentation.
- kick-off: ~ 15 + 5 minutes
- final: ~ 30 + 10 minutes
- be prepared for a Q&A: discussions, backup slides, …
- report: ~ 8 – 12 pages LNCS / 4 – 6 pages IEEE
- meetings with supervisor
- at beginning: define directions and papers to read
- before final presentation: discuss slides
- further meetings as required (usually regular short update meetings, depends on project)
- seminar attendance is expected
Tuesdays, 11:00 - 12:30, C-1 & online – presence requested
To receive invitations to the meeting, please contact Kordian Gontarska (Kordian.Gontarska ... hpi.de) or Felix Grzelka (Felix.Grzelka ... hpi.de).
Kick-Off Presentation: Vom Lastenheft zum Ledger
31.10.2023 - public holiday, no seminar
Selina Raschack - "Recent Topics in Quantum Computing - Discussion of Possible Topics for a Master Thesis"
- Philipp Keese - "Education-oriented implementation of OS concepts on STM32" (Kick-Off)
- Presentation PDF
21.11.2023 - no seminar
Clemens Tiedt - Master Thesis Update
Benedikt Schenkel - Master Thesis Update
26.12.2023 - public holiday, no seminar
02.01.2024 - academic christmas holiday, no seminar
To request changes, contact Kordian Gontarska (Kordian.Gontarska ... hpi.de) or Felix Grzelka (Felix.Grzelka ... hpi.de).